Interested in a career in the motor industry? Join our fast growing, vibrant, fun-loving, energetic team in car retailing.
Imagine being part of a car retailer where you are incentivised by our guest satisfaction not sales. A few questions to think about before taking the next steps. - Do I have a passion and determination to succeed? - Do I want to provide an exceptional guest experience every day? - Do I want to work hard and get rewards in the future? - Do I have a natural excitement and buzz about working in a sales or a customer service environment? If your answer is yes, then we need you!
Progress your career to the next level or start a new career today!
C'mon be #Courageous!!!
Current Vacancy: Service Manager/Workshop Controller
Basic Salary is negotiable, £32,000 OTE depending in skills and experience and Company Car.
Aftersales represents 27% of our companies gross profits.
What we're looking for
The Service Manager role is one of the toughest and demanding roles in our Dealership. The role is critical in supporting the Dealership General Manager and the company to reach their objectives. We make no apologies for being highly selective in the caliber of new Managers joining our business. The role holder is not only determined to achieve outstanding customer service results but is also extremely financially and sales orientated. Therefore, we are looking for an exceptional individual who is able to demonstrate a successful track record within the role, ideally Franchise experience in the Motor Industry. You must be committed to achieving excellence. You will be able to clearly demonstrate your ability to generate impressive results by increasing performance, profitability and operating efficiency. You must have strong leadership and people management skills as your primary focus to lead your team to deliver their business objectives. You will be expected to deliver the business forward and maximize customer satisfaction whilst motivating and managing a whole workshop team. You will be able to demonstrate that you share our company values and possess strong leadership, communication and organisational skills.
We are looking for individuals who possess the following essential competencies:
- IT Literacy
- Leading and Supervising
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customers Expectations
- A full, valid UK driving licence
Role & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Managing the Team: To lead the team and set the vision and strategy for the workshop. To continuously work to motivate, coach and develop your team to achieve their objectives.
- Customer Satisfaction (CSI): To take responsibility for implementing and maintaining effective processes to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction levels in excess of any manufactures national average.
- Generating Gross Profit: To deliver gross profit in line with the business plan by maximizing the number of workshop hours sold and driving revenue per transaction by motivating up-sell and product sales.
- Data Quality: To ensure accurate collection and recording of customer data onto our 'Crystal Ball' database.
- Health and Safety: To ensure that a safe working environment is maintained in line with the company's Health & Safety policy.
- Colleague Performance Management: To set each colleague individual targets, continuously monitor their performance and efficiency and provide first class coaching and training to support their success.
- Full Time: The role is full time working Monday to Friday 9am and 5.30pm.
What you can expect
If you are successful you can look forward to on-going training opportunities, career progression and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including a competitive salary and performance-related bonus, new company car, childcare voucher scheme, share incentive plan. If you are interested in joining a very progressive team in the Motor Industry apply now. C'mon be #Courageous!!!
If you are interested in any of the current vacancies at Dunelm and would like to apply, please send your 'CV' to email@example.com or post to:
Human Resources Dept.
Dunelm Car Sales Limited.