Covid-19 Lates Updates 20/05/2020
Dunelm team are available and here to help.
The wellbeing of our customers and our colleagues remains our main priority at the moment, and it's important that you can visit our showroom safely.
So we've been busy making sure we have appropriate health and safety measures in place to keep you and our colleagues safe. We are pleased to confirm that as of 21st May our Sales and Aftersales Facility will be open to provide a showroom, full workshop and maintenance service.
Appointments for our Sales Department must be booked in advance with our Sale team so please contact our showroom who can arrange this for you. Tel: 0191-3831299.
Our team are working safely from our showroom and can help handle all sales enquiries, as well as reserving the vehicle of your choice, over the phone or online; we can give you advice on our stock, funding options and answer any other questions you may have, simply call our dealership, contact us by email or use our live chat service.
Don't miss out on the car you really want - reserve online today*. We are continuing to take orders, and can schedule deliveries for when the time is right for you. Please call to discuss your options.
Whether you are visiting us for Sales/Service, every precaution will be taken to look after and protect our customers and colleagues, in particular, social distancing will be maintained at all sites, there will be regular and enhanced cleaning procedures as well as stringent hygiene protocols with all necessary sanitising products.
We are operating an appointment only system and should you need to visit our dealership for essential sales/aftersales work, we would kindly ask that you respect the preventative measures we have in place in relation to social distancing and hygiene.
Here's some of the social distancing measures we have put in place to help customers and colleagues to keep safe for Aftersales and Sales.
*subject to availability and terms and conditions apply.
- 2 metre social distancing markers have been placed in relevant areas of the dealership (including the workshop) and navigational markers are displayed on the floor to guide you safely through the showroom.
- Protective screens have been installed at our sales and service desks.
- Sanitisation stations are in place in all main areas of the showroom for everyone to use throughout their visit with us, particularly on arrival and when leaving.
- Appointments will be made to limit the amount of visitors at any given time in the showroom and service area.
- We're asking customers to limit their group to no more than two people where possible when visiting, and if you or your family are unwell, please keep your distance and call us instead.
- Test Drives are still available, however in order to maintain the recommended social distance, test drives will be unaccompanied moving forward, on a predetermined route*.
- We have re-organised our seating in our waiting area in line with Government Guidance.
- We have removed our reading material and our refreshments station during this time for customer and colleague protection.
- We carry-out an initial deep clean of our workshop on a daily basis before we open.
- We will arrange a pre-call with the service advisor or the technician working on your vehicle, if you would like to discuss anything before we begin work on your vehicle.
- Collection and delivery* is still available however we will be prioritising our vulnerable and elderly customers, so thank you for your understanding. Our drivers will be wearing suitable PPE in accordance with government guidance, will use antibacterial spray to wipe down the interior and door handles and will maintain social distancing.
- Essential PPE is provided to our teams, and our technicians will be wearing disposable gloves at all times when moving or working on vehicles, and will utilise disposable covers when required.
- Each vehicle that passes through the workshop will be fully sanitised; all contact points will be cleaned including vehicle keys.
- We have implemented a COVID-19 vehicle valeting process to ensure effective sanitation both inside and outside the vehicle - we are asking customers to switch off their air conditioning unit, and to remove any personal belongings from the vehicle prior to dropping it off, so we can effectively sanitise the vehicle.
- Improved communication with our customers - we have created safety videos detailing our procedures which will be sent to all customers prior to appointments.
- We have reviewed our processes and will encourage customers to complete as much as possible of the buying process remotely, where feasible and subject to agreement.
- For those customers who prefer not to visit the showroom we will be able to offer Vehicle Handovers* and Vehicle Appraisals* at your home - however, this is subject to availability and we will prioritise our elderly and more vulnerable customers. Thank you for your understanding.
- We are encouraging card payments only.